Dr. Mizuho Hasegawa attended Kanazawa University, where she majored in pharmacology and acquired a doctoral degree in medical science. As a research fellow and lab specialist in the Department of Pathology at the University of Michigan, she conducted extensive research in pathology, physiology, and hematology. She has presented at numerous medical conferences and seminars, and has written 35 research articles and book reviews. Dr. Hasegawa brings her considerable expertise in the fields of pharmacology and medicine to the patent specification drafting process with Lee Global Patent.
Ph.D. Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Japan
M.S. Pharmaceutical science, Kanazawa University, Japan
B.S. Pharmaceutical science, Kanazawa University, Japan
Pharmacology, Medicine, Pathology, Physiology, and Hematology
1. Hasegawa M., Yada S., Liu M.Z., Kamada N., Muñoz-Planillo R., Do N., Núñez G. and Inohara N. (2014) IL-22 Regulates the Complement System to Promote Resistance against Pathobionts after Pathogen-Induced Intestinal Damage. Immunity 41, 620–632
2. Hasegawa M., Kamada N., Jiao Y., Liu MZ., Núñez G. and Inohara N. (2012) Protective Role of Commensals against Clostridium difficile Infection via an IL-1β-Mediated Positive-Feedback Loop. J. Immunol. 189:3085-3091.
3. Hasegawa M., Yamazaki T., Kamada N., Tawaratsumida K., Kim Y.G., Núñez G. and Inohara N. (2011) Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain 1 Mediates Recognition of Clostridium difficile and Induces Neutrophil Recruitment and Protection against the Pathogen. J. Immunol. 186: 4872-4880.
4. Hasegawa M., Osaka T., Tawaratsumida K., Yamazaki T., Tada H., Chen G.Y., Tsuneda S., Núñez G. and Inohara N. (2010) Transitions in oral and intestinal microflora composition and innate immune receptor-dependent stimulation during mouse development. Infect. Immun. 78: 639-650.
5. Hasegawa M., Imamura R., Motani K., Nishiuchi T., Matsumoto N., Kinoshita T. and Suda T. (2009) Mechanism and repertoire of ASC-mediated gene expression. J. Immunol. 182: 7655-7662.
6. Hasegawa M., Fujimoto Y., Lucas P.C., Nakano H., Fukase K., Núñez G. and Inohara N. (2008) A critical role of RICK/RIP2 polyubiquitination in Nod-induced NF-kappaB activation. EMBO J. 27: 373-383.
7. Hasegawa M., Kawasaki A., Yang K., Fujimoto Y., Masumoto J., Breukink E., Nuñez G., Fukase K. and Inohara N. (2007) A role of lipophilic peptidoglycan-related molecules in induction of Nod1-mediated immune responses. J. Biol. Chem. 282: 11757-11764.
8. Hasegawa M., Yang K., Hashimoto M., Park J.H., Kim Y.G., Fujimoto Y., Nuñez G., Fukase K. and Inohara N. (2006) Differential release and distribution of Nod1 and Nod2 immunostimulatory molecules among bacterial species and environments. J. Biol. Chem. 281: 29054-29063.
9. Hasegawa M., Kawase K., Inohara N., Imamura R., Yeh W.C., Kinoshita T. and Suda T. (2007) Mechanism of ASC-mediated apoptosis: bid-dependent apoptosis in type II cells. Oncogene 26: 1748-1756.
10. Hasegawa M., Imamura R., Kinoshita T., Matsumoto N., Masumoto J., Inohara N. and Suda T. (2005) ASC-mediated NF-kappaB activation leading to interleukin-8 production requires caspase-8 and is inhibited by CLARP. J. Biol. Chem. 280: 15122-15130.
11. Hasegawa M. and Inohara N. (2014) Regulation of the gut microbiota by the mucosal immune system in mice. Int. Immunol. 26:481-487
12. Hasegawa M. and Inohara N. (2006) Novel therapeutic strategies predicted from studies of IBD susceptibility genes. Molecular Gastrointestinal Medicine 6: 38-48