Byung S. LEE
Dr. Byung S. Lee majored in electronics engineering at Seoul National University and electrical engineering at KAIST and received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering jointly with computer science from Stanford University. He has conducted extensive research on data stream processing, query processing and optimization, database systems and performance, and data mining algorithms and applications. His exceptional expertise in data mining and data processing is reflected in his many publications and patents. Over the course of his career, Dr. Lee has published more than 60 articles. Dr. Lee brings his considerable expertise in computer science to the patent specification drafting and technology analysis process with Lee Global Patent.
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (Computer Science), Stanford University
M.S. Electrical Engineering, KAIST
B.S. Electronics Engineering, Seoul National University
Computer Science, Data Processing, Data Stream Processing, Query processing, Query Optimization, Database System and Performance, Data Mining, Algorithms, & Applications
1. Saurav Acharya and Byung Suk Lee, Enhanced Fast Causal Network Inference over Event Streams, Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems XVII, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8970, Springer, January 2015, pp. 45-73.
2. Yang-Sae Moon and Byung Suk Lee, “Safe MBR-Transformation in Similar Sequence Matching,” Information Sciences, Elsevier, Volume 270, 20 June 2014, pp. 28-40.
3. Saurav Acharya and Byung Suk Lee, “Incremental Causal Network Construction over Event Streams,” Information Sciences, Elsevier, Volume 261, March 2014, pp. 32-51.
4. Mohammed Al-Kateb and Byung Suk Lee, “Adaptive Stratified Reservoir Sampling over Heterogeneous Data Streams,” Information Systems Journal, Elsevier, Volume 39, January 2014, pp. 199-216.
5. Mohammed Al-Kateb and Byung Suk Lee, “Load Shedding for Temporal Queries over Data Streams,” Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, KIISE, Volume 5, Number 4, December 2011, pp.294-304.
6. Tri Minh Tran and Byung Suk Lee, “Distributed Adaptive Windowed Stream Join Processing,” International Journal of Distributed Systems and Technologies, IGI Global, Volume 2, Issue 2, April-June 2011, pp.59-81.
7. Mohammed Al-Kateb and Byung Suk Lee, “Temporal Coalescing on Window Extents over Data Streams,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, IEICE Press, Volume E94-D, Number 3, March 2011, pp.489-503.
8. Jeong-Hoon Lee, Kyu-Young Whang, Hyo-Sang Lim, Byung Suk Lee, and Jun-Seok Heo, “Progressive Processing of Continuous Range Queries in Hierarchical Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, IEICE Press, Volume E-93.D, Number.7, July 2010, pp.1832-1847.
9. Tri Minh Tran and Byung Suk Lee, "Distributed Stream Join Query Processing with Semi-joins," Distributed and Parallel Databases, Springer, Volume 27, Issue 3, June 2010, pp.211-254.